Vision: To connect sport with business enabling athletes and sports to achieve on the world stage.
SportConnect combines Hamish Carter’s experience of what it takes to be successful in the business of sport and the journey to becoming an Olympic champion, with Marisa Carter’s experience of working in media and sport sponsorship.
Together they have worked to create a company with a unique and clear understanding of what is needed to successfully connect sport and business.
Why is Sport Important
Our passion is sport. Sport is iinfluential because of the emotional connection it forms with New Zealander’s, coupled with the patriotism it creates.
Sport can demonstrate the many qualities required to achieve, not only as an athlete, but as a person:
- Clear Goals
- Creating a Plan
- Building a Support Network
- Self Discipline
- Healthy Competition
- Focus and Determination
We love sport, we love seeing New Zealanders achieve, and want to celebrate all success.
With over a decade of experience in the business of sport we advise on any sport sponsorship, endorsement or project.
Work to date includes:
- TVNZ – July 2017 – Current – 2018 Commonwealth Games Project Manager
- SKY Television – 2010-2017 – SportConnect – Management & Marketing of SKY Televisions Sport Sponsorship – SKY NEXT
- Athlete Management 2006 – 2017
- Lisa Carrington – Double Olympic Gold Medalist
- Sam Webster & Ethan Mitchell – World Champions and Olympic Silver Medalist
- Tyla Nathan-Wong World Title Holder and Olympic Silver Medalist
- Debbie Tanner – Triathlete – NZ Representative at Commonwealth and Olympic Games
- BMX World Championships Vector Arena 2013 – Event Sponsorship
- Kellogg’s NZ – 2011 – Endorsement – Jonah Lomu Pack Competition